Thursday, 19 July 2012

Expat Home Insurance

It may be the case that you are very keen to protect your overseas property but find the thought of needing to search for expat home insurance cover in a foreign language to be somewhat off-putting.

If you do speak the local language fluently, then you may not have too many concerns, however if not, you may find the documentation and explanations to be rather confusing. There is, of course, the concern that you may not be getting an appropriate deal in cost terms but perhaps more worrying may be the thought that you are not entirely sure if your insurance is providing you with the protection you need.

The solution to this may be to take out your foreign holiday property insurance through a UK provider. It may surprise you know that there are companies providing second home insurance for properties in a wide range of overseas countries.

Typically these policies will provide cover against things such as buildings damage, contents loss/damage and burglary etc though do note that policy features and benefits may vary among providers. They may also offer protection in terms of third party and employers' liability insurance - two things that may prove to be very important if you have people on your premises from time to time.

It is advisable to look closely at the detail of cover provided to be sure that it meets your needs, however, expat home insurance where all the documentation is in English, may prove to be a big attraction to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment